Sports Desk- You all may have heard the name of the Uruguayan forward Edinson Cavani but how far have you came to know the struggle behind this legend, let’s see.
- Edinson Cavani was born on February 14, 1987, in Salto, Uruguay to his parents Luis Cavani (Father) and Berta Gomez (Mother).
- He is the youngest of his brothers Christian Cavani and Walter Guglielmone.
- Both of his brothers also developed their interest in football.
- At 9, Cavani used to play with the boys older than him.
- When he was a teenager, he joined the city’s youth football program and proved his talent.
- After a long struggle, he succeeded in playing with the youth team of ‘Danubio’ in 2006.
- At the club, he got selected for the ‘Under-20 national team’ and finished as the top scorer in South American Youth Championship.
- Italian club ‘Palermo’ signed him and he earned the nickname ‘El Matador’ after he scored 14 goals in the 2008-09 season.
- In July 2010, Napoli signed him on a loan.
- He was the top scorer in ‘UEFA Europa League’ in which he scored 25 goals with two hat-tricks.
- In July 2013, PSG signed a five-year contract with Cavani for a large amount of €64 million.
- After then, Cavnai used to play with PSG and keen to not leave the club as it becomes his most beloved club ever.
- Cavani married to his girlfriend Maria Soledad.
- He had two sons with her.
- He divorced with Maria later because of some affairs.
- He later came into a new relationship with Jocelyn Burgardt.
- He loves hunting in free time.