Sports Desk- The Brazilian center-back, Thiago Silva, was at his best at some time but due to his disease and injuries, he became an underrated player.
- Thiago Emiliano da Silva, simply known as Thiago Silva, is a Brazilian center-back born on September 22, 1984, in Rio de Janeiro to his parents Geraldo Emiliano da Silva (Father) and Angela Maria da Silva (Mother).
- When he was 14, he started his football career at Fluminense.
- Because of his excellent performance at Juventude, he was signed by the Portuguese giants FC Porto for $3 million.
- At 23, he got selected at his national side for the 2007 Copa America.
- He won his first two caps against Singapore and Vietnam in pre-2008 Beijing Olympic friendlies.
- Later, Italian giants AC Milan signed him for €10 million.
- He became the third-best center back in his very first season for Milan.
- He became the best defender of the next season as voted by the fans.
- Due to his disease Tuberculosis, he tracked down from his best.
- He was no longer the best defender in the competition from then.
- With having some injuries, he was out of the field at least once every season.
- After fighting against Tuberculosis and injuries, he was signed by the French side PSG for a huge amount of €42 million which was the highest-paid amount for any defender ever at that time.
- After rising again to his best form, he was nominated for the best player of the season in his very first season for PSG.
- He got married to his girlfriend Isabele da Silva.
- He has two children and both are boys – Iago da Silva and Isago da Silva.