Here are some of the greatest FC Porto players of all time
FC Porto is Portugal’s second most decorated team. They won 79 major trophies, 72 of which they won in domestic competitions.
They have won:
- 29 Primeira Liga titles
- 17 Taca de Portugal
- 4 Campeonato de Portugal
- 22 Supertaca Candido de Oliveira.
Top 10 FC Porto players of all time
- Fernando Gomes: Gomes helped Porto to end the 20-year Primeira Liga drought end in the 1978–79 season. He won the first UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup final against Juventus F.C. in 1984.
- Rabah Madjer: Madjer is one of the most prolific Algerian internationals in the number of games and goals. He played in two FIFA World Cups with Algeria, helping it to its first-ever participation in 1982.
- Deco: Deco is one of the few players to have won the UEFA Champions League with two clubs, with Porto in 2004 and Barcelona in 2006.
- Teofilo Cubillas: Cubillas was chosen as Peru’s greatest ever player in an IFFHS poll. He was one of the most excellent players in the world of the 1970s.
- Mario Jardel: Jardel was a legend for Gremio, playing a key part in the squad that won the 1995 Copa Libertadores. He was the top goalscorer in Europe for three years.
- Joao Pinto: Pinto is regarded as one of the most prominent Portuguese right backs of all-time. He won nine national championships, four cups, and was part of the treble-winning squad which won the Champions Cup, the European Supercup and the Intercontinental Cup.
- Ricardo Carvalho: Carvalho is one of the greatest center backs in history. He won the domestic and European trophies under Jose Mourinho’s management.
- Ricardo Quaresma: Quaresma scored 5 goals in his first 12 months at the Estadio do Dragao, to help to a runner-up finish. He proved himself as one of the Best FC Porto players of all time.
- Jorge Costa: With Porto, Costa won a total of 24 major titles. This includes notably eight Primeira Liga championships and the 2004 Champions League.
- Vitor Baia: Baia is one of the most accomplished goalkeepers of all time. He won the “IFFHS’ World’s Best Goalkeeper of the Year” in 19995.