Here are some of the greatest Dortmund players of all time
Borussia Dortmund, a team which produce many young talents every year. Marco Reus, as we think every time we hear the name of Dortmund, is one of the longest serving players for Dortmund.
Top 10 greatest Dortmund players of all time:
1. Michael Zorc – With a total of 561 appearances, Michael Zorc holds the record as the player with the highest numbers of appearances for Borussia Dortmund. With a total of 151 goals, Zorc listed as Borussia Dortmund’s second top scorer of all time. With two German league titles, Zorc also won the Champions League in the 1996-97 season.
2. Stefan Reuter – With Borussia, Reuter won the Bundesliga three times and the UEFA Champions League in 1996–97. He played 410 games for Dortmund before retiring in 2004.
3. Alfred Preissler – Alfred Preissler is Dortmund’s top scorer of all time, with a total of 174 goals. He played for Dortmund for 12 seasons and led the club to become German champions two years.
4. Roman Weidenfeller – During his period at this club, Weidenfeller won two league titles and one DFB Pokal trophy. Weidenfeller appeared in over 400 official matches with Borussia Dortmund.
Also Read: Biography – The day when Lionel Messi bought his neighbour’s house
5. Manfred Burgsmuller – Burgsmuller scored 158 goals in just 251 games during his time with the club.
6. Mathias Sammer – Sammer is the only Dortmund player ever to win a Ballon d’Or award. In 1996, he led Dortmund to be a Bundesliga champions and helped German national team win the Euro 1996.
7. Alfred Niepieklo – Niepieklo scored a staggering 124 goals in 200 apps for the club making him one of the greatest Borussia Dortmund players of all time. He is among the club’s all time top 10 goalscorers.
8. Lars Ricken – Ricken was the youngest player to ever appear for the club in an official match, a record later broken by Nuri Şahin. He won 3 Bundesliga titles and 1 Champions League with the club.
Also Read: Top 10 greatest PSG players of all time
9. Marco Reus – Marco Reus was only seven years of age when he joined the BVB youth system. With Dortmund, he won 3 German Supercup, a German Cup, 2 Bundesliga Player of the Year.
10. Jurgen Kohler – Kohler was known for his defensive perception, anticipation, quick reactions, marking, and prowess in the air. He played for Dortmund for seven years, leading the team won two Bundesliga titles and one Champions League trophy.