Here are the top 10 greatest goalkeepers in Premier League history
Premier League have some great goalkeepers in its history. Some of them were underrated whereas some didn’t get the attention they deserve.
This article will tell you about the top 10 best offensive midfielders in Premier League history. Can you guess where Edwin Van Der Sar will be seated on this list?
Greatest Goalkeepers In Premier League
- Petr Cech – Čech is among the league’s most decorated goalkeepers in English league history from both a trophy perspective and a records standpoint.
- Peter Schmeichel – No Premier League goalkeeper has won more league titles than Schmeichel. In his seven-year Manchester United career, Schmeichel never finished a season trophyless.
- David Seaman – Seaman was already a star prior to the Premier League’s formation in 1992. He immediately became one of the league’s top players.
- Edwin Van Der Sar – Fulham never tasted relegation during Van der Sar’s reign. The club even finished a club-record 9th-place in 2003-04.
- David De Gea – De Gea’s ability has only grown since that rebound season. He was legitimately considered to be among the world’s top goalkeepers at one point.
- Pepe Reina – Reina was the first goalkeeper to win the club’s Player of the Season award, and the first goalkeeper to win three Premier League Golden Gloves.
- Ederson – The Brazilian is a master of various distribution technique. He is comfortable acting as an extra outfielder between his centre-backs.
- Joe Hart – Hart backstopped Man City to a club-record 9th-place finish in the Premier League. He was also included in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year.
- Brad Friedel – Friedel was expected to compete with David James and later Sander Westerveld. However, his performances did not live up to those of his teammates.
- Jens Lehmann – Lehmann could motivate his teammates with a few choice words and ice-cold glares. He was equally known for his temper (as his nickname ‘Mad Jens’ suggests).