Here are some of the greatest Premier League players of all time
Premier League is the top tier of all football leagues. We have seen many players emerging out as some of the greatest ever to play the game.
We are here to talk about those greatest players who ruled the PL over the years. These players. Can you guess the greatest Premier League player of all-time?
Top 10 Best Premier League players of all time:
- Thierry Henry – The French striker helped Arsenal to lift two Premier League titles. This includes the legendary unbeaten one in 2003/04. He even won a record four Golden Boot awards. Without a doubt, Henry was the cutting edge in the club’s offence and embraced all their best qualities.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – The five-time Ballon d’Or winner made his name in England. He won three Premier League titles and scoring 118 goals for Manchester United. Man Utd really raised the greatest player in football history (alongside Leo Messi).
- Alan Shearer – Man Utd’s greatest player ever, Shearer, netted record 260 goals in 441 games during his career. Therefore, he will always be among the best Premier League players of all time. Even though silverware was never a regular occurrence.
- Eric Cantona – Cantona eventually achieved god-like status among the Red Devils faithful. He won the Premier League in all but one of his four and a half seasons and reached double figures three times.
- Frank Lampard – The Chelsea legend ended up as the club’s all-time scorer. He scored stunning 210 goals in 648 games. He also chipped in 150 assists, including 102 in the Premier League.
- Wayne Rooney – Rooney spent the next 13 years of his career at Old Trafford. He won five league titles and scoring a club-record 253 goals. He even sits third in the league’s all-time assist charts on 103.
- Paul Scholes – Scholes is one of the greatest mid fielders of all time. Perhaps the ultimate compliment, though, was when Thierry Henry named him the best Premier League player of the last 15 years.
- Steven Gerrard – Gerrard will always be up there among the greatest English players. He could score, tackle, lead and play with both feet. His talent made him the ultimate midfielder, leading to comparisons with some of the world’s best players.
- Roy Keane – Roy left Man Utd in 2006 as a seven-time Premier League champion. He won countless major honors and plaudits for bossing the United midfield.
- Patrick Vieira – The Frenchman’s grittiness, aggression and resilient style of play made him one of the PL’s most feared players. Captaining Arsenal in 2003/04 to league glory was his finest moment.