These are some of the greatest Inter Milan players of all time
The battle between Inter Milan and AC Milan has always been incredible to watch. Both the clubs have a great history of players.
Top 10 greatest Inter Milan players of all time:
1. Javier Zanetti – Zanetti worked his way to a record 858 appearances. He won several honours with Inter, including five Serie A, four Coppa Italia titles, and a UEFA Champions League trophy.
2. Giuseppe Meazza – Meazza won the Serie-A top-scorer award on three occasions in his career, with 216 goals in Serie A. He is the fourth all-time highest goal scorer in Serie A, alongside José Altafini.
Also Read: Top 10 greatest Tottenham players of all time
3. Giacinto Facchetti – Facchetti played 634 official games for the club, scoring 75 goals. He won four Serie A titles, a Coppa Italia, two European Cups, and two Intercontinental Cups.
4. Sandro Mazzola – With Inter, he won four Serie A titles, two European Cups and two Intercontinental Cups. With the Italian national side, Mazzola won the UEFA European Championship in 1968.
5. Giuseppe Bergomi – Bergomi is the second-most capped player in their history with 756 appearances. He is the side’s longtime captain. Bergomi is one of the few players to have won the UEFA Cup three times. He also won the Scudetto in 1989.
6. Ronaldo – Ronaldo scored an impressive 59 goals in 99 appearances for Inter Milan despite his limited involvement. If injuries doesn’t exist, he may have been the greatest of all-time.
7. Walter Zenga – Zenga is considered the best goalkeeper in Inter history. He won one Scudetto, two Uefa Cups and one Supercoppa Italiana, making him one of the greatest Inter Milan players ever.
Also Read: The Egyptian King – Mohamed Salah
8. Alessandro Altobelli – Altobelli played 466 games with Inter and scored 209 goals. He also helped Inter to win two Coppa Italia titles. He had power, agility and acrobatic ability; he was also a fast and opportunistic player with good technique and an accurate shot.
9. Roberto Boninsegna – Boninsegna is third in Inter’s all-time goalscoring rankings with 171 strikes in 281 matches. He was a prolific goalscorer, who excelled in the air, despite not being particularly tall or imposing physically.
10. Diego Milito – Milito was pivotal in the club’s 2009–10 treble-winning season scoring 32 goals in all competitions. These includes his two goals in the 2010 UEFA Champions League Final against Bayern Munich.