Here are the 10 best Indian hockey players of all time
There are many Indian hockey players whose greatness can not be defined just by some some words. They are the legends of the game who could never be forgotten.
This article will tell you about the 10 greatest Indian hockey players of all time. Can you guess who was the first goalkeeper who became the captain of an international team?
Greatest Indian Hockey Players
- Dhyan Chand – Dhyan Chand is one of the greatest hockey players of all time. He scored 14 goals in the 1928 Olympics to help India win the gold.
- Roop Singh – In 1932, Roop Singh took part in his first Olympic Games in Los Angeles, where he outscored his brother. His one of the records includes his ridiculous 13 goals in two games.
- Balbir Singh Sr. – Balbir Singh was one of the most important players for India. He helped the Blue Tigers win three consecutive gold medal wins in 1948, 1952, and 1956.
- Udham Singh – Udham Singh is one of the players who won three hockey gold medals at the Olympics. He was known for his finesse and fluency in his play.
- Leslie Claudius – Leslie Claudius is another hockey legend who won the most Olympic medals (3 Gold and 1 Silver) for India. He is considered as the best half-back in the history of the sport.
- Ajit Pal Singh – Ajit Pal Singh was one of the legends who captained the Indian hockey team. He is considered as one of the best centre-half players in the world.
- K D Singh Babu – Kunwar Digvijay Singh is arguably one of the best Inside Rights Indian Hockey history. He won the prestigious Padma Shri award in 1960 and a gold medals in 1948 and 1952 Olympics.
- Shankar Lakshman – Shankar Lakshman served as a goalkeeper for the Indian hockey team. He was the the part of the squad that won two gold medals and one silver medal at 1956, 1960 and 1964 Olympics.
- Dhanraj Pillay – Dhanraj Pillay captained the Indian hockey team for a few years. He is considered as one of the best forwards in hockey history.
- Mohammed Shahid – Shahid is considered to be one of the best dribblers in hockey history. He helped the Indian team to win the gold medal at the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow, silver at the 1982 Asian Games and bronze at the 1986 Asian Games.
Also Read: 5 Unbreakable Records In NHL History