T20 world cup 2022 will start with a blockbuster as last year’s finalists New Zealand and Australia will take on each other in the first match of the super 12 stage. They both are in group 1 and it will be an exciting match because New Zealand will look forward to taking revenge for last year’s final of the T20 world cup 2021. So here are head-to-head stats of Australia Vs New Zealand.
- Matches played – blackcaps and Aussies have played 15 T20I matches so far. They played first in 2005 and last was the final of the 2021 T20 world cup.
- Matches won – out of 15 Australia has won 10 whereas New Zealand has won only 4 where one was tied. Australia has an upper hand over the Kiwis in T20Is.
- Most runs – most runs in New Zealand Vs Australia T20Is are by none other than kiwi opener Martin Guptill and for Australia, it is Aaron Finch who has the most runs against New Zealand in T20Is. Guptill has 463 and Finch has 256 so far.
- Most fifties – a record of most fifties is also after Martin Guptill’s name because he has 3 half-centuries against Australia.
- Most sixes – kiwi opener Martin Guptill has dominated this list because he has 29 sixes in Australia -New Zealand T20Is. Second is Brendon McCullum and third is Australian captain Aaron Finch.
- Most wickets – it is Ish Sodhi of New Zealand who has 16 wickets against Australia in T20Is which is the highest by a kiwi player. For Australia, it is Ashton Agar who has 13 so far.