Indian skipper Virat Kohli has announced that he will give away the captaincy of Indian cricket team in T20I format after T20 world cup 2021 to Rohit Sharma. Reasons he gave for the same was that he needs to focus on his batting and his captaincy in ODI and test.
Virat Kohli is an exceptional player for India in all three formats.
T20I records of Virat Kohli as Captain
- Virat Kohli led Indian team in 45 T20 matches in which 27 were won and 14 were lost.
- Virat Kohli has scored second highest number of runs in T20I format as captain. He scored 1502 runs in 45 matches as captain.
- Virat Kohli scored 94* in a match against West Indies in 2019 where he was captain too. He batted really well in that match and managed his batting and captaincy brilliantly.
- Virat Kohli as a captain won the T20i series in SENA countries (South Africa, England, New Zealand and Australia). In 2018 against England and South Africa and in 2020 in New Zealand and Australia.
- Virat Kohli has scored highest number of fifties as captain. He has scored 12 fifties as captain.
- Indian team never lost any T20 series from past 7 series they had played and all of them were in leadership of Virat Kohli.
- Virat Kohli is India second most successful T20 captain after MS Dhoni. Dhoni has 41 victories in 72 matches and Virat has 27 in 45 matches and upcoming captain Rohit Sharma is at third with 15 victories in 19 matches as captain.
Also Read: You know the name but you don’t know the man