ICC ranked the No.1 T20I team in the world, team India will go as favourites in the upcoming T20 world cup. Expectations are always high with the Indian team. The last two multinational events did not go great for team India but they have shown some unreal dominance in bilateral where they have not lost a single series of home and away after the 2021 T20 world cup. In this article, we will see India’s bilateral series wins under Rohit Sharma as full-time captain.
- First series India won after the T20 world cup 2021 was against New Zealand in November 2021 where India won the three-match series by 3-0 under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma as full-time captain
- The Second series won by India was against West Indies at home. India won the series by 3-0 against West Indies in February 2022.
- After West Indies it was Sri Lanka who visited India for a three-match T20I series but India continued their unreal form and won the series by 3-0. Shreyas Iyer was in unreal form in that series.
- India then toured to England for white ball series where they played 3 T20Is against England and won the series by 2-1 against England at their home. Before England, the second team of India visited Ireland and won the T20I series 2-0 under the captaincy of Hardik Pandya.
- After England, India moved to West Indies for a 5-match long T20I series where they won the series by 4-1 under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy.
- After West Indies India played a three-match T20I series against world champions Australia at home. India lost the first match of the series but later in won two in a row to seal the series by 2-1.
- Continuing Australia, proteas visited India for another three-match T20I series and it was the second T20I series against India in India 2022 first was in June when Rishabh Pant led the Indian team where series ended 2-2 because the last match was suspended due to rain. South Africa visited India for the second time in October for three-match T20I series where India won the series by 2-1 and it was India’s first-ever T20I series win against Proteas in India.