Here are the football players who were sent off for taking out their jersey
If you ask a football player, then being sent off for taking off your jersey is one of the worst feeling ever. But nowadays, the referee gives a serious warning or a yellow card for this kind of celebration.
Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the players who was given a yellow card for taking off the jersey. Not only once, the Portuguese have managed to get the yellow two times for this celebration.
Lionel Messi was also given the yellow card for taking off his number 10 jersey after scoring the winning goal against Real Madrid.
10 Players sent off for taking their jersey off
- Szabolcs Huszti – Huszti took off his jersey after scoring the winning goal in a 3-2 victory against Werder Bremen.
- James Vaughan – Vaughan took off his jersey after scoring the winning goal in 95th-minute against Norwich.
- Ross Wallace – Sunderland’s Wallace took off his jersey after scoring an injury-time free-kick against Hull City.
- John Guidetti – Guidetti took off his jersey after scoring the winning penalty against RKC.
- Fabio Luciano – Luciano took of his jersey after scoring the equalizer for Fenerbahce.
- Eric Hassli – Hassli took off his jersey after helping Vancouver to gain a goal (1-0) lead against New England.
- Dani Osvaldo – Osvaldo took off his jersey after scoring a late winner against Juventus.
- Barry Nicholson – Nicholson took off his jersey after scoring the 89th-minute equalizer against Hearts.
- Steve Brown – Brown tore off his jersey after scoring the winning goal against Leicester in the 90th-minute of FA Cup quarter-finals.
- Samuel Inkoom – Inkoom took of his jersey after putting his side 1-0 up in the 61st minute against Karpaty.