Here is the short biography of one of the best Premier League player – Jamie Vardy
Jamie Vardy (Full name – Jamie Richard Vardy) is an English footballer, born on January 11, 1987 in Sheffield, United Kingdom. He is regarded as one of the best Premier League players of all time. His father, Richard Gill, was a crane driver while his mother, Lisa Vardy, worked as a legal secretary.
- Jamie Vardy suffered through poverty in his childhood.
- He spent his most of the time playing football.
- After rejected by the local club ‘Sheffield Wednesday’, he decided to give up his football dream.
- He then started to do odd jobs to pay his bills.
- Even after these time taking jobs, he practice his football skills.
- His hard work pays off and he was taken in by Stockbridge Park.
- His performance improved at the club and attracted big clubs.
- In August 2010, Jamie made his debut for Halifax. He scored 25 goals in his first major season and won Player’s Play of the Year.
- In 2011, he went to Fleetwood town. His result at Fleetwood? He won another POTY award.
- Finally in 2012, Leicester City signed him for three year contract for a million pounds.
- He won his first Premier League POTY award by the end of 2013/14 season.
- After his incredible performance in consecutive years, he was called up by England national team.
- He made his national team debut against Republic of Ireland.
- With the help of Vardy, Leicester City qualified for UEFA Champions League for the first time in history.
- In Feb 2017, he scored his first UCL goal against Sevilla FC.
- In 2016, Vardy married his wife Rebekah Nicholson after their first meeting at a night club.
- But their marriage was slightly controversial as it exposed the ongoing feud between Jamie and his family.
- Jamie didn’t invite his parents for the wedding and when asked about it, he didn’t respond. His mother later told the reporters that he wasn’t on talking terms with his family for months.
- In November 2015, Vardy opened ‘V9’ academy to ensure building young talents.
5 amazing conclusions
- He is one of the best PL players of all time.
- He has his own football academy ‘V9’ which helps poor kids to develop football skills.
- He signed for Leicester City just for £1 million.
- He has his own biography film.
- He was rejected by Sheffield Wednesday for being ‘too small’ in age (he was 16 that time).