So here is the biography of the top goal scorer of Belgium – Romelu Lukaku
Romelu Lukaku (Full name – Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli) is a Belgian striker born on 13 May 1993 in Antwerp, Belgium. He is given the nick name – Rocky by his Manchester United teammates.
His father – Roger Lukaku is a former Belgian Congolese footballer who played as a forward and his mother’s name is Adolphine Lukaku. He also have a younger brother – Jordan Lukaku.
- Lukaku’s father was a die hard football fan didn’t miss a single Premier League match.
- Lukaku got addicted to football after watching the game for hours on TV.
- He was interested in video games and was good at academics.
- His brother also supported him for his passion and so they played and practiced together.
- His father sent him to the club Rupel Boom where he outperformed other kids in the team.
- In 2004, Lierse signed Lukaku.
- After an outstanding performance at Lierse, where he scored 121 goals in 68 matches, Anderlecht signed him.
- At 16, he helped Anderlecht to reach top 16 of UEFA Europa League.
- 2011, Chelsea signed Lukaku.
- He was named Man of the Match in his debut game for Chesea.
- His performance at Chesea was not good so he was sent to West Bromwich on a year loan.
- In 2013, he went back to Chelsea and was sent to Everton on a year loan.
- In 2014, Everton signed a five year contract with him.
- In 2017, he was included in PFA Team of the Year.
- Lukaku was dating Julia Vandenweghe since 2014 but they broke up soon.
- In Jan 2020, Lukaku became a father as his girlfriend Sarah Mens gave birth to a baby girl.
- He knows a number of languages. He can speak Dutch, English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
- He can speak German a little bit.
Also Read : Most penalties scored in 2020
Also Read : Top 10 highest goal scorers of all-time
Also Read : Top 5 unbelievable football matches of 2019-20 season