Here we show you some of the clubs with most goals scored in a group in UEFA Champions League
Can you guess which club holds the record for most goals scored in a group in Champions League history? We have gathered some information from Transfermarkt for some of the best clubs in the world and here is what we have found.
This article will tell you about the clubs that have scored the most goals in a group in UEFA Champions League. Follow sportsbignews.com for football updates and news.
Most Goals Scored
- Paris – 2017/18 – 25 goals
- Bayern Munich – 2019/20 – 24 goals
- Liverpool – 2017/18 – 23 goals
- Bayern Munich – 2021/22 – 22 goals
- Borussia Dortmund – 2016/17 – 21 goals
- Manchester United – 1998/99 – 20 goals
- Barcelona – 2011/12 -20 goals
- Real Madrid – 2013/14 – 20 goals
- Barcelona – 2016/17 – 20 goals
- Ajax – 2021/22 – 20 goals
In 2017/18 season, Paris Saint Germain were potted in Group B with Bayern Munich, Celtic, and Anderlecht. They scored a total of 25 goals and it was supposed to happen because of extremely less competition within the group.
In the same season, Liverpool impressively scored 23 goals against teams like Sevilla, Spartak Moskva, and Maribor. But in the end, this ‘goal competition’ didn’t really matter and Real Madrid became the champions for third time in a row.
Bayern Munich won the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League title. They were potted in Group B with Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiacos, Crvena Zvezda. And again because of being an overpowered team as compared to other clubs, they scored 24 goals in total.