Here is the short biography of word’s one of the greatest – Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry (Full name – Thierry Daniel Henry) is a French striker born on 17th August, 1977 in Les Ulis, Essonne, France. His father’s name is Antoine Henry and mother is Maryse Henry. He is widely regarded as the greatest Premier League striker. He has three children, Tea, Téa Henry and Tristan Henry.
Just before the birth of Thierry Henry, his parents left the French Antilles. Henry‘s family lived in a small apartment where the living conditions were not great.
- His father used to take him to local soccer matches.
- He started playing for the junior teams of Les Ulis and Palaiseau.
- At the age of 13, Henry started playing for the Viry-Châtillon under-15 team.
- His parents separated (around that time) and his mother took him to Orsay and admitted him into the ‘Alexander Fleming School.’
- At the age of 14, he was selected into the French Football Federation’s ‘Clairefontaine Academy.’
- Henry signed an apprentice contract at the academy with Arsène Wenger, who the manager of the Monaco team.
- He made his first professional appearance in football in 1994.
- In 1996, Henry became France’s ‘Young Player of the Year’.
- Due to his outstanding performance, he became part of the French national team in 1998.
- In 1999, Henry left Monaco and became part of the ‘Italian Series A’ club Juventus for a paid sum of 10.5 million pounds.
- Thierry Henry was transferred to Arsenal for a sum of 11 million pounds where he was re-untied with his old mentor Arsène Wenger.
- Henry became Arsenal’s top goal-scorer in 2000.
- Henry played a major role in Arsenal’s success and won his first silver playing for the club.
- He was named the ‘PFA Players’ Player of the Year’ and ‘FWA Footballer of the Year.’
- In 2005, Henry helped his club Arsenal win the ‘FA Cup.’
- On 17 October 2005, he became the club’s top goal-scorer of all time as he broke Ian Wright’s record of 185 goals.
- In 2006, he scored his 200th goal for Arsenal.
- Henry joined Barcelona for 24 million pounds in 2007.
- He scored his first goal for Barca against Lyon.
- In 2010, he signed a contract for multiple years with Major League Soccer club New York Bulls.
- He scored his first MLS goal San Jose Earthquakes.
- From 2011 to 2012, Henry went back to Arsenal as part of a two-month loan deal.
- In 2012, he went back to NYB.
- He was the highest paid player of MLS.
- On 16 December 2014, Henry announced his retirement as a football player.
- In 2015, he started coaching Arsenal’s youth team.
- Became the second assistant coach for the Belgian national team in 2015.
- On 14 November 2019, Henry signed a two-year deal with Major League Soccer’s ‘Montreal Impact’
Also Read: Henry names his six greatest PL Hall of Fame legends
In 2003, He married an English model, Nicole Merry. They had a child named Tea in 2005. The couple divorced in December 2008, within five years of their marriage. He has a son named Tristan Henry with his girlfriend Andrea Rajacic.