These are some of the greatest Serie A players of all time
Serie A has been an interesting league to watch from the past few years. It has given us some of the greatest players ever lived.
Today, we will tell you about some of the greatest Serie A players of all time. The list can be quite different than your thoughts.
Top 10 greatest Serie A players of all time:
1. Paolo Maldini – Considered the greatest defender of all-time, Paolo Maldini finished third for the Ballon d’Or twice. He captained AC Milan to five Champions League trophies and seven league titles in 25 historic years with AC Milan.
2. Francesco Totti – Totti played a remarkable 786 games for Roma, spanning 25 years at the club. With Roma, he won the Serie A title, two Italian Cups, and two Supercoppa titles. His 250 goals place him as second in Serie A history.
3. Alessandro Del Piero – For Juventus, Del Piero marked 705 appearances, scoring 290 times for them. Piero led Juventus back into the Serie A after the enforced relegation during the 2006-07 season. His silverware includes six Serie A championships, one Champions League, and one Coppa Italia.
4. Roberto Baggio – The prolific goal-scorer netted 78 goals in 141 matches in Turin over five years. Baggio won both the UEFA Cup and the Ballon d’Or in 1993.
5. Gianluigi Buffon – Considered the greatest goalkeeper of his generation, Buffon made over 500 appearances for the Old Turin Lady. Gigi won nine Serie A titles, a Serie B title with Juventus in forced relegation, five Coppa Italia titles, and UEFA Europa League Cup. He set a league-best 21 clean sheets in the 2011-12 season and holds the record for clean sheets in Serie A.
6. Fabio Cannavaro – Fabio won consecutive Scudetti in his first two years with the club, including a 2005 defender of the year. He returned to Juventus to little fanfare after his 3-year stint with Real Madrid, where he won the 2006 Ballon d’Or.
7. Javier Zanetti – Zanetti made a whopping 858 appearances for the Inter Milan. He lifted major titles including a Champion League, a UEFA Cup, five league titles, 4 Copa Italia victories, 4 Super Copa trophies, and a Club World Cup.
8. Diego Maradona – Maradona led Napoli to its first-ever Serie A title in 1986/87 along with the League Cup. Maradona also won the UEFA Cup and Supercoppa Italian as the skipper.
9. Andrea Pirlo – Pirlo helped Italy achieve its 4th World Cup in 2006. Over 13 years with the national side, the midfield maestro earned 116 caps and scored 13 goals.
10. Franco Baresi – Baresi served as AC Milan captain for 15 years and earned 719 outings total. By the end of his career, he won the Scudetto six times and along with three European Cups.
Also Read: Serie A most valuable players 2019-20