Here are the top 10 players with most goals scored in a single UCL group stage
There is a little difference between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi when it comes to UEFA Champions League career. But there is no doubt these two are the two greatest players of all time.
This article will tell you about the top 10 players with most goals scored in a single UCL group stage. Can you guess who was the top scorer in 1988 UEFA Euro?
Most Goals Scored
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 11 goals (2015/16)
- Lionel Messi – 10 goals (2016/17)
- Robert Lewandowski – 10 goals (2019/20)
- Sebastien Haller – 10 goals (2021/22)
- Van Nistelrooy – 10 goals (2002/03)
- Robert Lewandowski – 9 goals (2021/22)
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 9 goals (2013/14)
- Adriano – 9 goals (2014/15)
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 9 goals (2017/18)
- Hernán Crespo – 9 goals (2002/03)
In 2015/16 season, Ronaldo scored 11 goals in UCL group stage and became the player with most goals in a single UCL group stage. Messi is just a goal behind his biggest rival, not to mention second highest scorer in completition’s history.
Also Read: 5 times Leo Messi lost his temper
Lewandowski had the chance to break Ronaldo’s record this season but unfortunately failed to achieve the feat. Though he didn’t win the Ballon dÓr this time, he is arguably one of the greatest players to have ever graced the football field.
Answer to the question above – Marco van Basten (5 goals)