T20 World Cup finals are always pressure matches and it is not everyone’s cup of tea to play under so much pressure. Bowling a maiden over in a T20 match is a very difficult task but some legends did that in the finals of the T20 world cups. So, in this article, we will see bowlers who bowled a maiden over in the T20 World Cup finals.
- The First bowler on our list is former Indian right-arm pacer and two-time world cup champion, Sreesanth who bowled a maiden over in the 2007 world cup final against Pakistan. India won that world cup.
- Second on our list is former Pakistani left-arm fast bowler, Mohammad Amir who bowled a maiden over in the finals of the 2009 T20 world cup against Sri Lanka. Pakistan won that match and eventually the cup.
- Third on our list is Sri Lankan all-rounder, Angelo Mathews who bowled a maiden over in the finals of the 2012 T20 world cup against West Indies. West Indies won the cup of 2012.
- Fourth on our list is former West Indies spinner, Samuel Badree who bowled a maiden over in the finals against England in the world cup 2016. West Indies won that match and they won their second T20 world cup.
- The Last player on our list is none other than England’s wrist spinner, Adil Rashid who bowled amazingly in the knockouts of the T20 world cup 2022 but talking about finals. Adil Rashid bowled a maiden over in which he also took the big wicket of captain Babar Azam. Rashid’s maiden against Pakistan in the 2022 world cup helped England win the world title.
Also Read: All the upsets of the T20 world cup 2022