Sports Desk- Antoine Griezmann is one of the most skilled dribblers in the world and others compete him to Ronaldo and Messi
- Antoine Griezmann is a French forward born on March 21, 1991 in Macon, France to his parents Alain Griezmann (Father) and Isabelle Griezmann (Mother).
- He belongs to a rich family background.
- His father is a politician but his mother is a hospital cleaner.
- Though he plays for France he is Portuguese.
- He is called ‘Le Petit Prince’ which converts to ‘A little prince’.
- Zinedine Zidane inspired him a lot and helped him to be one of the best forwards in the world.
- Lyon’s youth program rejected him for his short height and low body.
- So, he moved to his local club UF Macon.
- His struggle and hard work attracted other clubs.
- His performance in a friendly match against PSG attracted Real Sociedad.
- Real Sociedad signed him after a trial.
- He continued his studies during his club stay.
- He made a competitive debut in 2009-10 season.
- He decided to sign in with Real when Manchester United and Arsenal asked him for an arrival.
- In 2014, Griezmann joined Atletico Madrid for a six-year contract.
- He was the only Atletico player in the Team of the Year at the LFP Awards.
- He got selected in the national team for the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship.
- He made his international debut in the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He won the Golden Boot in 2016 UEFA Euro but his team lost to Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal in final.
- He got married to his love Erika Choperena in June 2017.
- Before marriage, they had a daughter named Mia and after marriage, Erika gave birth to a boy named Theo.
Also Read- ‘The Monster’ of the football – Thiago Silva
Also Read- One of the most underrated – Edinson Cavani