Here is the short biography of word’s one of the best mid-fielder – Mesut Ozil
Mesut Ozil is a German mid-fielder born on 15th October, 1988 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. His father’s name is Mustafa Özil and mother is Gulizar Özil. He has a daughter, Eda Ozil.
- Mesut Ozil used to play for some local clubs in Gelsenkirchen.
- He later moved to Rot-Weiss-Essen, an Essen-based DFB football club that he represented for 5 years.
- Mesut belonged to a city in the North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
Also Read: Most expensive transfers in football history
- Ozil made it to the Schalke 04’s youth academy in the year 2005.
- He then played for Werder Bremen, a German Football Association club based in the Northwest German state of Bremen.
- He scored his 100th goal in Bundesliga while playing against Schalke 04.
- Ozil was selected to represent the German national squad in the 2010 FIFA World Cup where his performance stood out
- On August 22 2010, Mesut Ozil moved to Real Madrid from Werder Bremen for a massive transfer fee estimated to be about €15 million.
- Ozil was shortlisted for the ‘FIFA Ballon d’Or Award’ as well as nominated for the ‘UEFA Best Player in Europe Award’.
- Mesut was loaned out to Arsenal for a transfer fee of £42.5 million, which made him the most expensive German footballer of all time.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Mesut Ozil played a pivotal role in Germany’s World Cup victory.
Also Read: 5 times Sergio Ramos lost his temper
- Mesut Ozil is a German Turk and a Muslim by faith.
- Ozil began dating his ex-girlfriend Mandy Capristo, a singer by profession, from 2013 but their relationship came to an end in 2014 after it was reported that he was seeing another woman.
- Ozil has donated large sums to numerous charitable organizations.
- He contributed his entire 2014 World Cup prize money (about USD 5, 00, 000) towards the treatment of approximately 23 Brazilian kids.
- His wife, Amine Gülşe Ozil, gave birth to a girl. They named her Eda Ozil.