Here are some of the greatest number 10 of all time
Wearing a number 10 jersey feels like you are on another level. Not only football but every sport has its own number 10 legend.
Top 10 greatest number 10 of all time:
1. Lionel Messi – The Argentina international is Barcelona’s best passer, best creator and best goal scorer. He is arguably the greatest player to have played the game of football.
Also Read: 5 times Leo Messi lost his temper
2. Diego Maradona – Maradona was one of the most important man in Messi’s career. He is Messi’s idol, as said by the Argentine. Diego almost singlehandedly won the World Cup for Argentina with some special goals that truly transcended the game itself.
3. Johan Cruyff – Cruyff changed the way the game was played. first as a player, then as a manager. The likes of Pep Guardiola and Quique Setien are ardent ‘Cruyffistas’, having been heavily influenced by the great man.
4. Alfredo Di Stefano – Alfredo was a prolific goal scorer who was strong and fast during his prime. Di Stefano enjoyed a good partnership with fellow forward Ferenc Puskas at Real Madrid. He made appearances for three national teams during his playing career; Argentina, Colombia and Spain.
5. Zinedine Zidane – Zinedine Zidane won the 1998 Ballon d’Or for his performances. The Frenchman was an excellent playmaker and surely had a skilled gameplay.
6. Ronaldinho – Ronaldinho made his name at Paris Saint-Germain before moving to Barcelona. Ronaldinho was renowned for his creativity, flair, dribbling and overall technical ability and is seen as a modern great.
7. Michel Platini – Platini was an incredibly creative passer as well as a good free-kick taker. The Frenchman dominated from the no.10 position despite his slight frame. He is regarded as one of the best French footballers in the history of the game.
8. Zico – Zico was nicknamed ‘White Pele’, because of his incredible talent. He was a diminutive playmaker with good passing and technique.
Also Read: Top 10 football trios of all time
9. Micahel Laudrup – Laudrup was an elegant playmaker with excellent passing and technical ability. He was highly appreciated for his intelligence and calmness. He have managed the likes of Getafe, Swansea City and Al Rayyan among other clubs.
10. Rivaldo – Rivaldo is regarded as one of the greatest players of his generation. The Brazilian was a free kick specialist and had his best spell while playing for Barcelona.