Here is the short biography of word’s one of the best defender – Marcelo Vieira
Marcelo Vieira (Full name – Marcelo Vieira da Silva Junior) is an Brazilian footballer born on 12 May 1988 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His father, Marcelo Vieira da Silva was a fireman and his mother, Maria da Silva was a teacher. He has two son, Enzo Alves Vieira and Liam Alves Vieira.
- He used to play futsal when he was a kid.
- By the age of 13, he started playing for Fluminense in Rio de Janeiro.
- He decided to quit football because he hadn’t enough money to but kits but his club didn’t let that happen.
- Marcelo was not so poor but wasn’t rich enough to afford luxory facilities. His family had average earning.
- In 2005, he started his career at Fluminense FC.
- He made his U17 national team debut in 2005.
- In 2006, he made his senior debut for Brazil national team against Wales.
- Real Madrid signed Marcelo in 2007 summer transfer window.
- Marcelo helped RMA to win 3 UEFA Champions League titles in a row (2015, 2016, 2017).
- He got selected in FIFA FIFPro World XI for the first time in 2012.
- He has been named in FIFPro World XI for six times since 2012.
- Marcelo has won 22 trophies with Real Madrid till now.
- In 2008, Marcelo married his longtime girlfriend Clarice Alves.
- On 24 September 2009, they had their first child, a son named Enzo Gattuso Alves Vieira.
- Their second son, Liam was born on 1 September 2015.
- He has a number of tattoos, including his shirt number and day of birth (12) tattooed onto his left arm.
- Marcelo dedicates every goal to his wife.
Marcelo is one of the greatest left backs in football history. But since Ronaldo left Madrid, he has been in a bad form and he still haven’t got his confidence back.
Hope he will be in good form soon!
Also Read: 5 times Cristiano Ronaldo lost his temper